On the Organization Settings page you can manage how often your contacts receive messages from your organization and set the guidelines for deduplication in your Directory.
Set Contact Frequency
- Check the box next to the desired contact frequency setting to enable the setting.
- Change the value as desired.
- Click “Save” in the corner to save your changes.
- Check the box under “Enabled” to ensure deduplication is turned on.
- Select the combination of values for the deduplication function to search.
- Click “Save.”
When you Add Contacts with deduplication enabled, Target Audience will check whether the person you are trying to add matches the deduplication fields for any existing contacts in the Directory. If the contact already exists, Target Audience will not create a new contact with the information. Instead, the existing Directory contact will be updated with any new information you have added, such as new or updated Embedded Data values.
Selecting multiple fields means that all of the fields must be identical before Target Audience will combine contacts’ profiles. For example, if deduplication is set for Email and External Data Reference, you can import multiple contacts with the same email, as long as they have unique values for External Data Reference.