About Survey Definition Events
Setting up a Survey Definition Event
- Navigate to the Actions page by clicking Actions in the top right corner.
Qtip: You cannot use this event in the Actions tab of an individual survey.
- Click Create an action.
- Select Event-based.
- Give your action a name.
- Click Choose Event.
- Select the Survey Definition Event.
- Choose the survey status change that causes the action to trigger.
You may choose multiple statuses. Your options include:
- Click Finish.
- Click Add conditions.
- Click + Condition and build your conditions for the event to trigger. See Setting Conditions for Survey Definition Events for more information about the conditions available for this event.
Example: In this example, I want the action to trigger for only one specific survey, which is indicated by the Survey ID condition.
Qtip: If you do not set conditions for this event, then the action will trigger any time a survey in your brand undergoes your selected survey status change.
- When finished building your conditions, click Done Editing.
- Click Add Task.
- Choose the task(s) you want to happen when the action is triggered. Visit this support page for more information about each available task.
Example: For example, I can use an email task to automatically send my teammate an email letting them know that the survey data is ready to analyze.
- When finished setting up your action, return to the Actions page.
- Enable your action by clicking the On/Off toggle
Setting Conditions for Survey Definition Events
Usually, you will want to include conditions as part of your action. If you do not include conditions, then the action will trigger for any status change for any survey in your brand. When creating conditions for a survey definition event, you can base your conditions on the following fields:
- Survey ID: This is the Survey ID for the survey that should trigger the action.
Qtip: You can only use this condition for projects that have a survey ID beginning in SV_.
- Survey Data: Create a condition based on various survey data fields, such as when the survey was last modified or a survey owned by a specific user.
- Survey Name: The survey’s name.
- Survey Status: The survey’s status.
- Owner ID: The user ID of the user who owns the survey.
- Question Count: The number of questions in the survey.
- Last Modified: The time when the survey was last edited.
- Organization ID: The ID of the organization that owns the survey.
- Creator ID: The user ID of the user who originally created the survey.
- Last Activated: The time when the survey was last activated.