If you need to make changes to contacts in your Directory, you can edit an individual contact or multiple contacts at once.
Edit an individual contact:
- Find the contact in your Directory or Mailing List using the “Search” bar.
- Click on the contact. Note that the contact’s profile appears on the right of the Directory search results.
- Click on the “Edit” button at the top of the contact’s profile
- In the pop-up window, you can edit any of the contact’s existing contact info or embedded data fields by clicking on the text you want to change and typing in the new information.
- To add new embedded data fields, click the plus “+” icon.
- To remove existing embedded data fields, click the minus “-” icon.
- When you are done editing, click “Save” to close the window.
Edit embedded data for multiple contacts
Sometimes you will need to edit multiple contacts at once. For example, you may want to edit the embedded data of all the contacts who are a part of a specific demographic.
- Run a search to find your desired demographic.
- Click the search results drop down arrow, then choose either “With Selected” or “With All Results.” “With Selected” applies to any contacts that have the checkbox next to their name checked. “With All Results” applies to all the contacts found by the search.
- Choose “Edit Embedded Data.”
- In the pop-up window, choose to either “Set Embedded Data Field” or “Remove Embedded Data Field.”
- Type in a new field name or choose an existing field from the drop down menu.
- Type in a new value or choose an existing value from the drop down menu.
- Click the plus “+” button if you’d like to edit an additional field.
- Click “Apply” to save your changes.