About Pie Chart Widgets
Field Type Compatibility
The pie chart widget is compatible with the following field types:
Only fields with the above types will be available when selecting the Dimension field for the pie chart.
For basic widget instructions and customization, visit the Building Widgets support page. Continue reading for pie chart-specific customization.
To set up your pie chart widget, you will need to specify a metric (the value you would like displayed) and a dimension (how you want your metric broken out).
When selecting your Metric, you will need to give your metric a Label (i.e., a name) and choose the metric itself. If you choose sum, you will need to specify the field that the metric will be calculated off of. You can also select Options to specify whether or not you would like your metric in a number, percent, or currency format as well as the number of decimal places displayed.
Your available metrics include:
- Count: Display response counts from the selected fields (i.e., number of respondents choosing a value in a five-point scale)
- Sum: Pull in the sum of all values for a selected field.
- Benchmarks: Any benchmarks you’ve created.
- Custom Metrics: Include any custom metrics you have created. For more information, visit the page on Custom Metrics.
When selecting your Dimension, you will have to choose the field you would like your metric broken out by.
You can change how your pie sections are organized by using the Sort options. You can choose default, value, label, or custom. If you choose Custom, you will be able to drag and drop the labels below the Sort section into whatever order you would like.
To rename your labels, simply click on the label name under Labels and type whatever name you would like. To change the color of a label, select the color swatch to the left of the label.
You can specify the location of your Legend to be in the top, right, or bottom. Select Off to not display the legend.
You can also choose a combination of the following options for your labels:
- Label: Displays your dimension on the chart itself, not just in the legend.
- Percent: Displays the percentage of the pie section.
- Value: Displays the metric value of the pie section.
Determine the number of decimal places in percents (not values) using the Percent Decimal Places option.
The pie chart widget can be displayed as either a filled circle or as a donut with the center part empty. To switch from a full circle to donut, select the checkbox next to Donut under Display Options.