About Action Planning Editor Widgets
The Action Planning Editor widget allows dashboard viewers to create action plans based on survey results.
For example, maybe your team’s engagement scores are lower than expected. Maybe your company isn’t measuring up to industry standards in certain areas. The Action Planning Editor allows you to create plans to resolve these issues. Within these plans, you can indicate progress, create sub-tasks, and tag the appropriate dashboard users and hierarchy units involved in the initiative.
Adding an Action Plan
After you have added your Action Planning Editor widget to your dashboard, you can add action plans to it.
- Add an Action Planning Editor widget to your dashboard.
- Click Create New Action Plan.
Qtip: Editing mode doesn’t need to be turned on in your dashboard to add an action plan.
- Give your action plan a title by typing into the field.
- Click the plus sign (+) to choose the survey question or category you want to associate your action plan with. You can add as many as you’d like.
Qtip: If there are items you’d like to add to action planning or restrict from use, be sure to set these up in your Action Plans settings.Qtip: On the Options section of the Messages tab, you can turn on an email alert that goes out to participants whenever they’re added to an action plan.
- Specify a Due Date by which the plan should be complete.
- Specify the Owners of the action plan by typing in a name and clicking on the user.
Qtip: Only users with permission to use action plans can be assigned to an action plan.
- Assign a unit of your org hierarchy to the action plan by typing in the name of a unit and clicking it. This helps you restrict who sees this action plan if you choose to restrict dashboard data permissions so that a given user or role can only see action plans belonging to their hierarchy unit.
- You can also add additional fields to your action plans in the Action Plan’s available fields settings.
Any changes you make are automatically saved.
Managing Action Plans
The Action Planning Editor allows you to perform a number of actions with your action plans, including changing the status, removing plans, adding sub-tasks, and more.
Indicating Progress Through Status and Percentage
Assign a status to your action plan by clicking the current status on the far right of the action plan title.
Your optional statuses are Not Started, On Hold, In Progress, Closed, or Canceled. These can be changed at any time. Changing status does not affect the percentage.
To change the percentage, click the number on the far right of the action plan title. Then drag the slider to the desired percentage, or type it into the field.
Deleting and Copying Action Plans
Click on the dropdown next to the percentage to Copy Action Plan or Delete Action Plan.
Expanding and Collapsing Action Plans
You can expand or collapse an individual action plan in your list by clicking the arrow next to the plan’s name. You can also Expand All actions plans in the list or Collapse All action plans in the list.
Once your action plan is expanded, you can edit any of the fields you desire.
Once you’ve expanded your action plan, you can add comments to them.
Once comments are submitted, the commenter’s name will show up next to the date the comment was made.
You can split up a larger action plan into smaller sub-tasks assigned to specific users.
- Navigate to the bottom of your action plan and click New Task.
- Type the name or description of the sub-task.
- Click Add Owner, type a name, and click the participant’s name to assign an owner to the sub-task.
- Set a Start Date.
- Set a Due Date.
- Click the current status of the sub-task to change it.
- Click the percentage, then drag the slider or type the desired percentage.
- To remove a sub-task, click the dropdown and select Delete Task.
All changes you make are saved automatically.