About Reporting & History
After you set up your actions, you’ll probably want to check on their status and evaluate past changes that were made to them. The Run Log and Audit Log within the Reporting & History let you see the past runs of your actions, the details about those runs, and changes that were made to any action workflow. This section is particularly useful for evaluating why an action may have failed. Reporting & History will contain information about why the action failed or if a change was made, helping identify and fix the issue.
The Run Log allows you to view additional information about the actions that you’ve triggered. This page can help you monitor your actions, diagnose issues, and get an overview of which actions have been completed.
- Action Name: The name of the action.
- Trigger: The event that begins the action.
- Tasks: The task(s) that result from the action.
- What starts the action:This column will tell you whether the action was scheduled or event-based.
- Triggered Date: The date and time that the action began.
- Status: The status of the action. Values include Completed, Timed-Out, and Failed. Click View under the Details column to see the JSON payload for the task.
Qtip: For tasks that time out, oftentimes this means the Qualtrics server didn’t receive a response for the task. For example, the end point in your web-service task is a custom end-point from your website that is loading slowly. When your server gets back online, the web-service will also load appropriately.Qtip: For tasks that fail, click Retry next to the status to re-run it. You should retry failed tasks after fixing the issue that caused them to fail.
- Details: Click View to see the JSON payload for the task. This window will also show you the execution time of the action.
Searching the Run Log
The Run Log comes with pre-configured filters allowing you to easily find the actions you’re interested in.
- Use the Status dropdown to filter by the action’s status.
- Use the Action dropdown to filter by the action name.
- Use the Triggers dropdown to filter by the Event that began the action.
- Use the Tasks dropdown to filter by the Task the results from the action.
- Use the From and Until boxes to filter by Triggered Date. Click one of the boxes to see a calendar to choose your date.
- Search by a specific action’s Event ID. See the Finding an Event ID subsection below for more information on retrieving the Event ID.
Finding an Event ID
Each time an action runs, the run is assigned a unique Event ID. You can use this ID to find an action’s specific run, or provide to Qualtrics Support if you need help troubleshooting.
- Go to Actions.
- Select Reporting & History.
- Click the Status of the action you’re interested in.
- Perform a text search for “uniqueID”. On Mac, this is CMD + F and on PC this is CTRL + F. A box should appear in your web browser allowing you to search.
- Copy the value for your uniqueID.
The uniqueID is the Event ID that can be used to search for specific action runs in your Reporting & History.
The Audit Log allows you to view changes that have been made on any action workflow you have access to. This means that you can view when exactly an action was disabled/enabled, when condition changes were made, and who edited your action.
- Navigate to your global Actions.
- Click on the Reporting & History.
- Click Audit log in the sidebar navigation.
- You can now view the changes made to your actions in the table.
Searching the Audit Log
There are several ways to view additional information within the Audit Log. In the Audit Log, you’ll be able to view changes to your triggers and tasks.
- Search: Type in the Search bar to filter based on keywords.
- User name: Type the name of a user and/or select a user from the dropdown results to filter based on a user name.
- User action: Type the name of a user and/or select a user from the dropdown results to filter based on a user name. You can filter based on available change events in the Audit Log.
- Date range: To filter by date range, choose a start date, and then an end date.
Manually Triggering Scheduled Actions
Rather than waiting for a scheduled action to fire, you can trigger it with the click of a button. In the action editor, you can immediately cause an action to fire during the testing process.
- Navigate to your Actions
- Click Create an action.
- Select Scheduled to create a scheduled action. For more help setting up your action, see Scheduled Actions.
- Turn on your action by toggling the on/off button in the top-right.
- Open the Options menu in the top-right corner of the action.
- Click Run Immediately to trigger the action.