About Survey Response Events
Have you ever wanted to generate a lead in Salesforce when respondents take your survey? Or would you like to be notified when responses are updated via the Qualtrics API? Maybe you want to receive emails about responses uploaded via the Offline App but not submitted via the anonymous link. All of these use cases and more are possible using the survey response event.
Types of Survey Response Events
- Newly created responses: A new response has been submitted.
- Response updated via the Qualtrics API: An existing response was edited using the Qualtrics API.
Qtip: For help writing the API call for updating responses, check out our API Documentation.
Setting Up a Survey Response Event
- In the Actions section of a survey or the global Actions page, click Create an action.
- Choose Event-based.
- Choose the Survey response event.
- Set the type of survey response event.
Qtip: If no type is specified, the task will only fire for newly created responses.
- Click Finish.
- If desired, click the plus sign ( + ) and choose Conditions to add conditions to your action. Conditions determine when your action fires. See the setting conditions for a survey response event section for more details.
- Click the plus sign ( + ) and select Task to add a task to your action. Tasks determine the result of your action. See defining tasks for an explanation of every available task.
Setting Conditions for a Survey Response Event
Conditional statements apply All or Any to define when an task should be triggered. In All conditions, every condition listed below must be met. It is similar to joining statements by “and.” In Any conditions, any of the conditions can be met, but not all have to be. It is similar to joining statements by “or.”
The conditions you set for a survey response event can be based off of various pieces of information about the response.
- Question: How the respondent answered a question.
- Embedded Data: The value of an embedded data field.
- Quota: Quota counts for quotas in your survey.
- Status: The type of survey response.
Qtip: By default, imported responses will not trigger tasks. They will only trigger tasks if there are conditions that do not exclude imported responses. For example, if a condition is set to Status is Equal to Normal, then imported responses will not trigger the task. If a condition is set to Status is Not Equal to Preview, then imported responses will trigger the task.