The Mailing List Triggers page allows you to set up automatic emails that will fire upon a respondent being added to or opting out of a mailing list. These emails can be sent to the respective respondent or to an email address of your choosing. The latter option is useful if you have a project manager that you’d like to keep informed about who is being added to or opting out of the mailing list.
Set up a mailing list trigger
- Select the action upon which the email will fire.
- Select whether you’d like to send the email to the contact or to another email address.
- Add a condition, if needed, in order to specify when the trigger will fire. These conditions function similarly to the conditions available when searching for respondents.
- Select when the email should send relative to when the contact is added to or opted out of the mailing list.
- If you would like to send a survey link in your email, select which survey from the Survey dropdown menu. Only active surveys will appear in this dropdown!
Qtip: It’s only possible to include a survey if you send emails to the contact.
- Compose your message in the email body. For more information on formatting this message, check out the Single Mailing page.
- Click “Save” in the bottom corner of the email to finalize.