What's on this page:Adding SourcesOrganizing SourcesEditing FieldsDeleting FieldsAdditional Options
The Dashboard Data section allows you to connect your surveys and other data sources with your Dashboards in Vocalize. Before you create Widgets on your Dashboard, you need to set up your Dashboard Data to pull through the information that you want to display. When you first create your Dashboard, Vocalize will bring you to the Dashboard Data page where you will add your Sources.
After adding in your first data source, you can click on the Add Source button and select a different survey to add additional sources. Additional data sources will not be automatically mapped, so you will need to map their fields manually. While you can map as many data sources as you want into your Dashboard Data, you cannot map the same survey or data source twice. After adding in an additional data source, you can either merge data from both sources into the same field or keep the data separate.
- To keep your data separate, make sure that you only have one source mapped on each row.
- To merge data into the same field, make sure that you have both sources mapped on the row of the field you want to merge. In order for this to work properly, make sure that the fields you are merging are extremely similar (e.g., two NPS questions, two open ended comment questions, etc.).
Qtip: You should only merge similar questions to the same field. For example, if two surveys use 7-point satisfaction scales then it is fine to merge both questions in the same field. However you probably wouldn’t merge a 7-point satisfaction scale question with an 11-point NPS question.
You can add new fields or edit the automatically mapped fields from initially adding a Source on your Dashboard Data that will edit how they appear or function on your Dashboards.
- Click on the Add Field button.
Qtip: Updating the Field Name will not affect your survey and will only be visible within Vocalize.
- Provide or update a FieldName for your field.
- Select the Field Type.
- Choose the Field Mapping of the question or embedded data field that will populate the field.
- Click and hold down your mouse on the reorder icon and drag the field to a new location.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom right.
Once you delete a field, the action cannot be undone. Additionally, deleting fields can negatively impact your dashboard by breaking widgets that are using the field you wish to delete, so please use caution when deleting any fields.
Advanced Dashboard Data OptionsOnce you’ve added your sources, you can use the Dashboard Data section to for advanced editing purposes like recoding your data or determining a field’s name and datatype.To learn more about advanced editing in the Dashboard Data section, please see the following pages:
Advanced Field Types