About Mailing List Options
When you are inside of a mailing list, there is a List Options button in the upper-right corner. This button allows you to manage your list in many ways, including by adding samples, exporting the list, renaming the list, and deleting the list.
Export List Contacts
You can export your mailing list in a file format of your choosing.
- Click List Options.
- Click Export List Contacts.
- Select a File Format.
- Choose whether to Export Contact Stats. This is information about contact frequency, response rate, etc.
- Choose whether to Export Embedded Data. Yes exports all Embedded Data, No exports none, and Specify Embedded Data allows you to choose which fields to export.
- Click Export.
Export Sample Contacts
You can export all the contacts in a sample using the same workflow after going to List Options and selecting Export Sample Contacts.
Specify Embedded Data
To specify Embedded Data, simply select fields from the menu on the right. Selected fields are in blue along the bottom of the menu.
To remove fields, click the X next to their names.
Refresh Embedded Data
Because XM Directory contains every single contact in your brand, it can take some time for changes to Embedded Data to appear on the site. These changes will always load if given time, but if you notice that something isn’t showing up, you can refresh your Embedded Data to quicken the process. Note that this process may take some time.
View List Samples
Selecting View List Samples allows you to view a list of the samples you’ve created for this mailing list. If you click one of the samples, it’ll take you there.
Manage Message Triggers
Message Triggers send out an email when a contact opts out of or is added to a chosen mailing list. This email can go to any email address you want, or to the contact themselves.
For more details, see the Message Triggers support page.
Create Sample from List
Create Sample from List will take you to the sample creation screen.
After you select Rename List, type the new name in the field. Then click Rename.
You can delete a mailing list or a sample by selecting Delete List/Delete Sample under List Options.
You can also find it under the dropdown arrow next to a list on the Lists tab.
Once deleted, these lists are irretrievable. The contacts will still exist in the directory and in any other lists they’ve been added to.
Any distributions sent with this list will no longer have links in the history, and any link not clicked will be disabled; however, any links opened with responses in progress will still work and be able to submit a response complete with contact information.
Completed survey responses will remain the the contact’s history. No response data will be deleted from the survey.
The results of deleting a sample is the same as deleting a mailing list.
Sample List Options
- Export Sample Contacts: Export your sample. This works just list exporting your mailing list.
- Refresh Embedded Data: Refreshes the Embedded Data for contacts in your sample by pulling updated Embedded Data from the Directory.
- Edit Sample: Change the name, sample size, and sampling criteria. Once you click Save and Resample, the sample will be taken again according to the conditions.
- Copy Sample: Create a copy of the sample.
- Delete Sample: Delete the sample.