About Word Cloud Widgets
The word cloud widget allows you to quickly see and filter your dashboard based on open-ended text responses. It displays words from Open Text fields (CX|EX) in a specified color with more frequently used words appearing larger than less frequently used words. Word cloud widgets automatically apply lemmatization to your responses so you can visualize your responses by their key words. For example, “transforming” and “transformed” would both appear as the base word, “transform.”
Field Type Compatibility
Customizations unique to the word cloud widget include the following:
Each word cloud can visualize a single open-ended question at a time. After adding the widget, click on the Text Source dropdown menu and select the open ended question you want to use. If desired, you can select multiple open text fields by enabling Use default field selector when editing your widget. See the below section for more information.
Max number of words
This option allows you to exclude certain words from your word cloud. By default, “a” and “the” are excluded.
- To add words to this list, click Stop Words.
- Click Edit Stop Words.
- Add new words in the text box, separated by commas.
- Click Finish Editing to apply your new stop words.
Using multiple text sources
If you’d like to add multiple text sources to your word cloud and give users the freedom to switch between which fields they’re viewing, do the following:
- Select Use default field selector.
- Notice how a dropdown has been added to the widget. This allows users to switch between fields to determine what responses are displayed in the widget.
- Add additional text sources as desired.
- Under Default Text Source, determine which open text source should be displayed in the word cloud by default.