- Send it out with your personal email.
- Post it on a web page.
- Use social media to distribute it.
Traits of the Anonymous Survey Link
- Any responses collected through this link will be anonymous. No panel information attached to the response.
- Saves the respondent’s progress through cookies. If respondents start the survey, leave, and come back to the same browser, they will start where they left off.
- There is no limit to how many times this link can be used. Respondents can pass it on to other respondents to take.
The Anonymous Survey Link
Customize the Anonymous Survey Link
You can customize the Anonymous Survey Link to display any text you want. The Customize option creates anchor text for the hyperlink to the survey.To customize the Anonymous Survey Link
- Click the Distribute Survey tab, and click Survey Link.
- Click Custom Link.
- Next to Link Text, type the text that you would like to appear for the link.
- If you want to paste your link into an HTML editor (such as a website editor), copy the displayed code in the HTML box and paste it into your HTML editor.
- If you want to paste your link into an email or other non-HTML editor, copy the blue link at the top of the Survey Link yellow box, and paste it into your text editor.
- By default, the anonymous survey link collects the user’s IP address to help detect potential spam responses. In most cases this is not considered identifying information, but if your IRB board or ethics committee requires that it not be collected, you can turn it off by opening Survey Options and selecting Anonymize Response.
- If your link will be printed on paper, consider using a link shortening service, such as http://tinyurl.com/. You simply give the service your long survey link, and it will give you a short, easy-to-type link that will direct participants to your survey. We are not affiliated with tinyurl.com but know that many of our clients have had success using it.