About Dashboard Translation
Have you ever wanted to share a dashboard with a client or colleague who spoke another language? You can translate all the content in your dashboard that doesn’t translate automatically.
Translating Dashboard Labels
- Click the settings icon.
- Go to the Label Translation tab.
- Choose whether you’d like to use a CSV or TSV file.
- Click Export.
- In the CSV, enter the translations for each of the labels under the appropriate column. For example, to add Latin American Spanish translations, use the ES column. Please do not edit anything in the entitiId or entityKey columns.
Qtip: See the List of Language Codes for a guide to each two-letter column.
- Save your file as a CSV with UTF-8 encoding, or as a TSV.
- Click Select a File and select your CSV or TSV file.
- Click Import the file.
When the translation is done, a message will appear that says Translations updated successfully.
It is important to include all language columns every time you upload a new translation. If you leave a column blank, you will delete that translation.
For additional help, check out the CSV/TSV Upload Issues page.
Viewing Translated Dashboards
The people you share the dashboard with have to make sure they set their account to the correct language before they’ll be able to see the translated dashboard.
Here’s how to set your account language:
- Click the Account Settings icon.
- Click Account Settings.
- Adjust the Change Language dropdown.