About Response Rates Widgets
The Response Rates widget displays the response rates for your engagement survey. It can also display response rates by participant metadata fields, so you can see a breakdown by department, gender, location, or other information you have preloaded into your participant list.
The Response Rates widget has three unique columns:
- Invited: The number of participants invited to complete your project. Actual invites do not have to go out for this number to be generated. This is the number of people in your hierarchy listed as respondents. Anonymous responses are not counted.
Qtip: A respondent is a participant who is expected to answer the survey; all participants are respondents by default. When you upload your participants, you can include a column called Respondent and specify a 0 for participants you don’t want to have to complete the survey, but who might still be in charge of dashboards or validating the org hierarchy. These participants will not be included in the Invited count. You can also specify the individuals who are and aren’t respondents by selecting or deselecting the Is Respondent option in the participant information window.Qtip: When using an Employee Lifecycle project with Multiple Responses enabled, your invited count may look different than expected. When respondents submit multiple responses for a Lifecycle survey, each response is included in the invited count along with the number of participants who are eligible to take the survey. In order for your Response Rates widget to show new participants that were added, make sure to update the invited count.
- Responded: The number of completed responses.
- Participation Rate: The percentage of those invited who responded. This should be ( Responded / Invited ) x 100.
There are two key pieces of information to note about Response Rates widgets:
- When recorded responses are anonymous, keep in mind that the expected count that is defined in the org hierarchy is what will be used to calculate the Invited Counts value.
- Response Rate widgets can be filtered only by metadata fields and Org Hierarchy filters.
Field Type Compatibility
Response Rate widgets are compatible with the following field types:
- Text Set
- Multi-Answer Text Set
For basic widget instructions and customization, visit the Widgets Overview support page. Continue reading for widget-specific customization.
The Response Rates widget does not need to have a source or a metric added to function correctly. However, you still have a number of customization options for this widget if you want it to display more than just the response rate.
- Hide Overall Results: Enable this option if you’d like to remove the “Overall” results from your widget. If you enable this option, make sure to add Fields so your dashboard viewers have data to look at.
- Fields: Metadata fields or a hierarchy can be pulled into the widget by clicking Add Field. Once a field is added, the widget displays the overall response rate for the engagement survey, and then adds a series of rows showing the response rates for the units of the hierarchy or for the values of the metadata field.
Qtip: When displaying org hierarchy units or filtering by an org hierarchy unit, the manager of the selected unit will not be included in the invited and responded counts.
- Default Sort: The default order of results. Dashboard viewers can adjust the sort by clicking on the headers.