About the Actions Tab
Actions convert real-time survey responses into measurable tasks. Setting up an action requires choosing an event, creating conditions, and defining the tasks that should be completed when these events meet the conditions specified.
Creating actions and editing them on the Actions tab is the same in EmployeeXM projects as it is in the Survey Platform. See Creating & Managing Actions for more instructions.
Events trigger an action. They are the behavior, in Qualtrics or externally, that cause a task to go into motion.
In EmployeeXM projects, there are two events to choose from:
- Survey Response: Trigger the action based on how an employee responds to your Lifecycle survey.
- JSON Event: Trigger the action based on an API call.
Conditions determine when an event triggers a task. You don’t need to add conditions, but they can be a great way to add more specificity to an action.
Conditions are structured the same in Lifecycle projects as they are in the Survey Platform. Read Creating Conditions for more details and an example step-by-step.
When an event happens and meets the right conditions, a task is triggered. Thus, the task is what results from an action.
Lifecycle projects are compatible with almost all the tasks that are available in the Survey Platform, with the exception of Tickets and distributing a follow-up survey. That means the compatible tasks are as follows:
- Email Task: Student queries could trigger emails to instructors for help.
- Web Service Task: Newsfeeds could update in real time via APIs.
- Tango Card Task: Incentivize surveys with Tango Card.
- Slack Task: Achievement metrics could trigger Slack channel messages.
- Salesforce Task: Text analytics could launch Salesforce events.
- Zendesk: The Zendesk extension allows you to create and update tickets in Zendesk based on responses collected with Qualtrics surveys.
- Freshdesk: The Freshdesk extension allows you to create tickets in Freshdesk based on actions triggered in Qualtrics.
- Hubspot: The Hubspot extension allows you to create and update deals and contacts in Hubspot from collected survey responses.
- ServiceNow: The ServiceNow extension allows you to create and update incidents in ServiceNow as well as update customer contact information provided by survey responses.
- Microsoft Dynamics: The Microsoft Dynamics extension allows you link up your account to a Qualtrics survey for both Response Mapping and Web to Lead capabilities.
The Reporting Section
By navigating to the Reporting section of the Actions tab, you can quickly ascertain the status of all your tasks or just those that have been Completed, or have Failed, or have Timed Out.
This works the same in the Survey Platform as in EmployeeXM projects. See Actions Reporting to learn more.