About the Load into a Data Project Task
The Load into a data project task allows you to take data that’s been previously imported by a data extractor task, and save that data into a Qualtrics imported data project. You can use this task to add new data records and update existing ones.
Setting Up a Load into a Data Project Task
- Use the navigation menu in the top left to select Workflows.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Choose Started at a specific time.
Qtip: You can also use the “started by an event” option, although we recommend using a scheduled workflow for this task. See scheduled workflows vs. event-based workflows for more information about each option.
- Click Get started.
- If desired, rename your workflow.
- Determine when the workflow runs. See scheduled workflows for more information.
- Click the plus sign ( + ) and select Task to set up your data extractor task. See available data extractor tasks for the options available to you.
- Click the plus sign ( + ) and select Task.
- Select the Load into a data project task.
- Choose the imported data project where you want to save the data.
- Choose the source task that contains your data.
- Click Add Field.
- Use the dropdown menus to map your Source fields to your Data project field. The source field is how the field appears in your data extractor task, while the data project field is how the field appears in your imported data project.
- If needed, you can map individual values for your fields. To map values, click the blue plus sign below your data project field and then enter the source and destination values.
- Click Add Field to continue mapping fields. Repeat this process for as many fields as you need to map.
- If needed, click the trash can icon next to a field mapping to delete it.
- When finished, click Save.
If you’d like to visualize your imported data project in a dashboard, see importing data as a CX dashboard source.