About Salesforce Workflow Rule Event
In the Actions tab, you can set up an event so that you automatically send surveys when a Workflow Rule is met in Salesforce. The Workflow Rule might be an event such as a case being closed, or an opportunity that is won. Then, using this event, you can trigger an email inviting respondents to take a survey.
See our page on Triggering and Emailing Surveys to learn how to set this feature up in both Qualtrics and Salesforce.
Creating a Salesforce Workflow Rule Event
- In your survey, go to Actions.
- Click Create an action.
- Choose Event-based.
- Select Salesforce Workflow Rule.
Qtip: If you haven’t already connected your Salesforce and Qualtrics accounts, you’ll be prompted to login to a Salesforce account to set up the extension between Qualtrics and Salesforce. For more information about setting up the extension, read our Linking Qualtrics & Salesforce page.
- Choose the Salesforce account you would like to link to.
Qtip: If you have linked multiple Salesforce instances to your Qualtrics account, choose your event and then click the Salesforce Account dropdown and pick the correct instance for your trigger or mapping. Otherwise, you can choose Add new account to add another Salesforce instance. To delete an account, choose Remove selected account after selecting an account from the list. .
- Decide which Salesforce Object you want to trigger the event. This could be a standard Salesforce Object like Lead or Case, or a custom Object you’ve created. The selected object should match the object in the Workflow Rule in Salesforce.
- Review the fields that are included from Salesforce. Click the dropdown arrow to expand the list of fields.
- If desired, use the Add fields option to select fields you want pulled from Salesforce into Qualtrics. These fields can be used to create conditions for your action or update contact information in Qualtrics.
- Click Done.
- If desired, click Add Conditions to determine when the action will trigger. You can base your conditions on your Salesforce fields’ values.
After setting up the event with conditions, you’ll need to choose the task that completes the action workflow. Usually, this is either the XM Directory Task to send a survey, or the Email Task to send a follow-up email. See the linked pages for more information about each task.