Use the Download Options to customize your data output. The Download Options can be found at the top of the Download Data section and can be reviewed before downloading a file.
- Current Filters from Reports: In the upper right of the Download page, you can see which Response Set you are pulling the data from. Next to Subgroup you can see if there is a subgroup applied to the report you are referencing. The report you are referencing is going to be the last report you were in before navigating to Download Data. If you are referencing the wrong response set or report, you can go back to View Reports to change the settings.
- Questions: If you don’t want to download the raw data from all questions in the survey, you can select individual questions or multiple questions in the Question Group box. Select multiple questions by pressing the Shift key and clicking the questions.
- Date Range: Further filter the data by selecting a data range to draw the raw data from.
- Representation: Download your answers as either numeric values (assigned codes) or as variable labels (the actual text of the answer choices). You edit numeric values and variable labels by going to Edit Survey, clicking the Purple Gear Box for the question you would like to change and selecting Recode Values. Visit the Recode Values page for more information.
- Other Options: Select to download Question Numbers and set the Recode Values for questions seen but not answered to preserve data integrity.
- Schedule Download: Download the data now, or schedule a different time frame for when you want the file to be prepared. Scheduling a different time will place an entry in the “Downloads in Progress” view at the top of the page. All data up to the point of file preparation will be included. If you are not logged in or on the Download Data page at the scheduled time, a link is made available in the “Downloads in Progress” view. Click the link to download the prepared file.
- Send an email notifying me when file is ready to download: Select to have the Qualtrics Survey Research Suite send you an email when your file is ready to download. This works well in conjunction with the Schedule Download option and large file downloads.
- Randomization Reporting: If you had randomization in your survey, download the Randomized Viewing Order Data. If selected, the last columns in your downloaded data will contain information on the order in which your randomized blocks, questions, or answer choices were displayed.
- Zip Download:By default, all exports from the Download Data page are in .zip format. Clear the “Compress the desired format into a .zip file before downloading” option if you prefer to get the file unzipped (.csv, .sav, etc.).To unzip a file:
These downloads all occur in the background. Large datasets may take a significant amount of time to download. You can download a dataset for up to 30 days. You can even start one download and then start another.
- Mac OS X: Double click downloaded .zip file. It will unzip automatically.
- Windows: Right click downloaded .zip file and select Extract All. Follow the prompts.