About the Look & Feel Menu
The way your survey looks can determine how well it performs. The good news is that Qualtrics gives you the ability to customize the appearance of your survey in many different ways. Whether you use a custom-built theme built by our design experts, or you choose to individually customize specific survey elements yourself, Qualtrics gives you the ability to build visually appealing surveys like no other platform. The Look & Feel menu changes how your survey looks to respondents when they take your survey. To access these customization options, go to the Look & Feel menu in the Survey tab.
Look & Feel Customization Options
Using the Look & Feel menu, you can customize many aspects of your survey’s appearance. Click the links below to learn more:
- Change the Survey Theme: Choose from preconfigured settings for quick and easy survey theming
Qtip: If you are a Brand Administrator and would like to have a custom theme created for your organization, visit the Support Portal. If you would like to create a survey theme from scratch on your own, you will want to apply a basic theme and use the below Look & Feel settings and Custom CSS to customize the theme.
- Brand Your Survey: Add a dynamic logo, background image, header, and footer to make your survey instantly recognizable.
- Change the Question Layout: Choose from 3 different question layouts and limit the number of questions per page.
- Edit the Next and Back Button Text: Customize the Next and Back button text to fit your survey’s need. This feature also allows you to choose a translated message for your button text, enabling multi-language surveys.
- Add a Progress Bar: Show respondents how far along they are in your survey.
- Change Colors: Set the Primary and Secondary colors for your survey.
- Change Fonts: Apply a font typeface and sizing to your entire survey.
- Control Survey Motion: Determine how your survey moves. You can set the page transition animation, enable survey autoadvance , and set your survey to autofocus on the currently selected question.
- Add Custom CSS: Add custom CSS to your survey to accomplish endless custom survey theming.
The Old Look & Feel
While the new Look & Feel menu can accomplish much of what the old Look & Feel menu can, there are a few features exclusive to the old menu. This section outlines features not available in the New Look & Feel.
To return to the old editor, click Back to Old Editor in the bottom-left of any section.
Old Qualtrics Survey Themes
The old Look & Feel menu contains older Qualtrics survey themes available for you to use. To use an old Qualtrics theme, go to the old Look & Feel editor and click Change Theme. Then, select the thumbnail of the theme you’d like to use.
The Question Separator is a feature to visually separate the questions on your survey pages. With this option, a simple line is added between each question.
To enable the Question Separator:
Highlight Questions can be used to draw attention to the currently-selected question, helping respondents navigate through longer survey pages.
To enable Highlight Questions:
Alternate Row Color
The Alternate Row color option gives every other row in certain question types the selected color.
To change the Alternate Row color: