IntroductionJump into Qualtrics with survey creation! On this page you will learn how to create a survey from scratch using the Quick Survey Builder, create a copy of an existing survey using Create From Copy, and use a template from the Survey Library. The option to build a new survey is found by opening the Create Survey tab, or by clicking the Create Survey button in the My Surveys tab. On this page you will also learn how to organize surveys into folders. For information on importing a survey from another system or another Qualtrics account, visit our page on Importing and Exporting Surveys.
Using the Quick Survey BuilderThe Quick Survey Builder allows you to create a survey from scratch and start adding questions immediately.
To create a survey using the Quick Survey Builder:
- Click Quick Survey Builder.
- Enter a name for your survey and choose a folder to save it in. If you don’t have a folder you want to save it in, leave this field blank.
Qtip: If you don’t choose a folder now, don’t worry. You can assign your survey to a folder later on, using the Manage Folders feature.
- Finish by clicking Create Survey.
Creating from a CopyThe Create From Copy option allows you to copy a survey from your account to use as a template for your new survey.
To create from a copy:
- Click Create From Copy.
- Choose the survey you would like to copy, then specify a new name and folder.
- Finish by clicking Create From Copy.
Using the Survey LibraryThe Survey Library option allows you to copy a survey from a library to use as a template for your new survey. The Qualtrics Library contains hundreds of ready-to-use surveys. Your organization may also maintain its own survey library, and you can maintain your own as well. To learn more about your personal survey library, view our Survey Library page.
To create a survey from the Survey Library:
- Click Survey Library.
- Choose the library from which you want to pull the survey:
- My Library: Choose from one of your own surveys.
- Global Library: Choose from surveys within the Qualtrics Library.
- Choose the category, if applicable, and then choose the specific survey that you would like to copy.
- Specify a new name and folder.
- Click Create Survey.